|Name of scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Government||Government of India|
|Start Date||3rd October 2023|
|Last Date||31st December 2023|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
The Ishan Uday scholarship program, which was initiated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) is a program that aims to promote education opportunities and provide support to students, from economically disadvantaged backgrounds in the North Eastern Region (NER).
Under this scholarship initiative a total of 10,000 scholarships are awarded annually to students, from the NER who are enrolled in academic fields. These fields include general degree courses, technical and professional programs as medical and paramedical courses. The objective is to offer aid and motivation to students pursuing education in these areas those who face economic challenges in the NER.
Key Details of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
Let’s delve into the specifics of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023:
- Name of Scholarship: Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Academic Session: 2023-2024
- Eligible Courses: General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses
- Implementing Body: University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Scholarship Amount: ₹ 7,800 and ₹ 5,400 per month
- Application Mode: Online
- Last Date of Submission: 31st December 2023
- Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura
Objectives of Ishan Uday Scholarship
The Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme has several key objectives:
- Equal Opportunities: To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in the North Eastern Region.
- Higher Enrollment: To increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in the NE Region.
- Professional Education: To focus more on professional education in the NE Region.
- Optimal Resource Allocation: Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
This scholarship program envisions granting 10,000 fresh scholarships annually, starting from the academic year 2014-15, for various courses, including general degrees, technical and professional programs, and medical and paramedical courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship
To be eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Educational Institutes: Applicants must have completed Class XII or its equivalent from a school within the NER, recognized by any relevant Board of Education. This includes institutions like Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Types of Institutions: Students should have secured admission in a general degree course, technical or professional program (including medical and paramedical courses) in institutions falling under the following categories:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils, both within and outside the NER.
- Class: Only first-year undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Course Duration: For integrated degree courses, the scholarship covers the entire duration of the program. For dual degree courses, it is applicable only for the first degree.
- Family Income: The annual income of the student’s parents should not exceed ₹4.5 lakh.
- Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply, and the reservation follows Government of India norms.
Exclusions of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
The following categories of students are not eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme:
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarships for their undergraduate programs under other schemes.
- Students who gain admission through ‘management quota.’
- Students pursuing courses such as Diploma Courses that do not lead to the award of a degree.
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds ₹4.5 lakh per annum.
How To Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023?
Now that you know the eligibility criteria, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023:
- Scroll down to locate the section titled “Important Web Links”.
- Click on the “Online Apply” link.
- You will be directed to a new webpage. Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Enter your details as required in the portal and complete the registration.
- After registration, input all the necessary credentials and upload the required documents.
- Finally, click on “Submit” and ensure you have a printout of your submitted application for reference.
The following documents should be uploaded when applying for the scheme on the NeSP platform.
- Bank Passbook
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV)).
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
|Starting Date of Online Apply||3rd October 2023|
|Last Date of Online Apply||31st December 2023|
|Last date of Defective Verification||To be updated|
|Last date of Institute Level Verification||To be updated|
Important Web-Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
|Online Apply||Register | Login|
|Scholarship Renewal Link||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Guideline | FAQ|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Amount
Successful applicants can expect financial assistance as follows:
- General Degree Courses: ₹5,400 per month
- Technical & Professional Courses (including Medical & Para medical courses): ₹7,800 per month
The scholarship amount will be disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary students.
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
The selection process for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is based on the following factors:
- 10,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Distribution of slots among the states of NER will be determined by population census data.
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to a lack of eligible candidates, those unfilled slots will be distributed equitably among other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
The Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023 is a remarkable opportunity for students in the NER to access quality higher education without financial constraints. By meeting the eligibility criteria and following the application process, you can pave your way to a brighter academic future. Don’t miss out on this chance to pursue your dreams and unlock your full potential.
In conclusion, seize the opportunity, apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023, and embark on a journey towards a brighter and more promising future.
FAQs of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
A: Only those students who have domicile of North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
A: The annual income of the student’s parents should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum to be eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
A: The last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 is 31st December 2023..
A: The educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship is 12th pass from a recognized board.
A: Candidates need to visit the official national scholarship portal at https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of an online application for this scholarship
A: No, diploma courses that do not lead to a degree are not covered by the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
Table of Contents