Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Online Application through National Scholarship Portal: University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the scholarship official notification for the students of Assam and the North Eastern Region (NER) for the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme to promote higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region. This Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is for the students who are pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
We have shared all details of the notification for the latest Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022. For complete accurate information, candidates can visit the official National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in and Candidates have to apply through this portal. Please check our website nerjobnews.com regularly to get the latest updates on Govt. Job, Private sectors job, and educational notifications.
Join Our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join Our WhatsApp Group: Click Here
- Excise Department Recruitment 2023 – 222 Excise Constable Posts
- Assam Police Recruitment 2023 – 928 Grade IV Vacancy, Online Apply
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 – 255 Navik Vacancy, Online Apply
- APSC CCE Exam 2023 – Combined Competitive Exam, 913 Posts
- India Post Recruitment 2023 – 40889 BPM, ABPM & GDS Vacancy
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Highlights
|Name of scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Course/s||General degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses|
|Implementing body||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Scholarship amount||Rs. 7,800 and Rs. 5,400 per month|
|No of Beneficiaries||10,000 students per year|
|Eligible State/s||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura|
|Apply Start Date||26/07/2022|
|Last Date to Apply|
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022
University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the scholarship official notification for the students of Assam and the North Eastern Region (NER) for the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme. Eligibility Criteria are given below.
Type of Educational Institutes: Students with the domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in a general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B) Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D) Institutes of National Importance.
E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
Class: Only first-year Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Course: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for a scholarship.
Family Income: For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Exclusions: The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
- Students whose parent’s income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Selection Process of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022
- The selection process of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is based on the following factors –10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
How To Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022?
Candidates need to visit the official national scholarship portal at https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of an online application for this scholarship. One needs to follow the below-mentioned steps to apply online for this scholarship.
- Scroll down, and check the Important Web-Links section.
- Click on the Online Apply link.
- A new webpage will be opened.
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Enter your details as required in the portal; register yourself.
- After registration, enter all credentials and upload your documents as required in the portal.
- At the end click on “Submit” and take the printout of your submitted application.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
- Bank Passbook
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate
- Joining Proforma for fresh awardees (Annexure-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Annexure-II)
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III)
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV)).
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Starting Date of Online Apply: 26/07/2022
- Last Date of Online Apply:
- Last date of Defective Verification: 15/11/2022
- Last date of Institute Level Verification:15/11/2022
Important Web-Links of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2022
|Online Apply||Register | Login|
|Scholarship Renewal Link||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Guideline | FAQ|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQs of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
Which state students are eligible for this scholarship scheme?
Only those students who have domicile of North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Is there any annual income limit covered for the students under this scheme?
Yes, only those students are eligible for this scheme whose annual family income is not more than or equal to Rs 4.5 lakhs.
What is the last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship 202?
The last date for online application of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 is 30th November 2022.
What is the educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
The educational qualification for Ishan Uday Scholarship is 12th pass from a recognized board.
How to submit application for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme?
Candidates need to visit the official national scholarship portal at https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of an online application for this scholarship